8-Bit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the Social Pariah

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music Board Reboot: MUSE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kynetik

kynetik

Music Board Reboot: MUSE Empty
PostSubject: Music Board Reboot: MUSE   Music Board Reboot: MUSE EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:27 pm

So, this board has been inactive for a few days. That should change. I'm seeing MUSE tonight. Any fans?
Back to top Go down
django202

django202

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Nerd
Level:: 1
Class:: Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Music Board Reboot: MUSE   Music Board Reboot: MUSE EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:48 pm

I've only got Black Holes and Revelations, but so far I like 'em.

Are you seeing 'em in concert?

I wanna go to a concert. Sad

I hope that the upcoming Umphrey's concert at NIU is good.
I think that's all there will be for a while.
Back to top Go down
kynetik

kynetik

PostSubject: Re: Music Board Reboot: MUSE   Music Board Reboot: MUSE EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:27 am

I saw them this evening at the United Center in Chicago. Hands down the best live show I've ever been to. There are musicians, and there are people like Matt Bellamy. He was pieced together in a secret facility from the parts of dead virtuosos and has a single purpose on this Earth: to rock in ways unprecedented.

Black Holes and Revelations is a phenomenal album, but my personal favorite is Absolution, like everyone else who's heard it. You won't hear me say things like "best" in terms of Muse's albums because each one is very, very well crafted and extremely skillfully done. Absolution does gets to the core of me, with the dirty bass lines and metal-inspired heavily modulated guitar riffs, coupled with Bellamy's incredible vocals. Even the ballads like Sing for Absolution just grip me.

My conceptions of their talent, however, were vastly under appreciative until I saw them live tonight. The live album they released two years ago does a little to key you in to the type of talent they possess when improvising. I'm hardly questioning myself by saying that Bellamy is, in my opinion, the most creative and overall most entertaining guitarist in the business.

Umphreys are pretty rad. I got exposed to them because my physics teacher in high school's husband was their touring videographer, and she's known them since high school. She's a staple at all their Chicago area gigs. Their guitarist (don't know his name) is crazy good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music Board Reboot: MUSE   Music Board Reboot: MUSE Empty

Back to top Go down

Music Board Reboot: MUSE
Page 1 of 1