8-Bit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the Social Pariah

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Roxas

Roxas

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Ven
Level:: 1
Class:: Outlaw

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Empty
PostSubject: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 6:02 am

Has anyone actually watched it in English dub? I have and I can safely say that it is just as good in English as it is in Japanese seeing as I've watched Both. Compared to the last series I will say there are some aspects of the earlier one that I liked better because they got you more involved with Ed and Al's story where as Brotherhood is all encompassing and has a couple of different plot points to follow. However Brotherhood is still an awesome series and the story is definitely captivating.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spikitup
Ixion
Overlord Supreme
Ixion

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: なかむらそた, Ronin

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:05 am

I've been watching the English dub, partially cause I love it and partially for nostalgia. Fun fact, I will forever think that the English dub is the "right" voices for the characters, and this is the one series where I won't throw a shit fit watching it in English.
Back to top Go down
https://8bitgaming.forumotion.net
ear1ess

ear1ess

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:38 pm

FMA actually has one of the only english dubs I enjoy more than the original Japanese.

I'm also very glad that they kept (most of) the voice actors from the first series.
Back to top Go down
CopperCat

CopperCat

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Copper
Class:: Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:05 pm

I've watched all of the first FMA and am in the process of watching Brotherhood subbed, though I'll agree the dubbed version is very well done. I've been noticing that Brotherhood seems to be building off of the original instead of being a completely different anime than the first version. For instance, the fact that Ed and Al go to Liore and take down Cornello isn't shown in Brotherhood, but is still hinted at. If you've seen the first anime version or have read the manga you can pull off those visuals and get a better idea of what Ed and Al have been through plus you grasp more of the story. I like how they've done that so even though you may have seen the first FMA series you're still not sitting there bored waiting for something new to happen. Has anyone else noticed this?
Back to top Go down
Roxas

Roxas

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Ven

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:16 pm

I noticed that as well and I'm assuming it's for the plot set up because the incident in liore is a pretty big plot point later in the series. I think they put it in there for people who haven't seen the last series or to remind people what happened. That's what I'm hoping anyway...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spikitup
django202

django202

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Nerd
Class:: Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Eh. I read a lot of the manga, and I got bored enough with the storyline that I don't care about it anymore.

That being said, everything with the first Chimera was FUCKING AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Empty

Back to top Go down

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
8-Bit Forums :: Passive Entertainment :: Anime-
Jump to: