8-Bit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the Social Pariah

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy XIII

Go down 
+5
django202
Soldaris
kynetik
Ixion
Roxas
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Roxas

Roxas

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Ven
Level:: 1
Class:: Outlaw

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:58 am

So FFXIII comes out at midnight tonight, just throwin it out there

Last edited by Roxas on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spikitup
Ixion
Overlord Supreme
Ixion

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: なかむらそた, Ronin

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Me, LilyHaze, Roxas, and well... basically the rest of the damn forum are going to get it at midnight! Both systems, so expect furious debates between which one is better.

(My money's on the triple)
Back to top Go down
https://8bitgaming.forumotion.net
kynetik

kynetik

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:03 pm

I will be lamenting my inability to purchase this game...
My money's on the trey.
Back to top Go down
Soldaris

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Nameless
Class:: Citizen

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Ixion wrote:
Me, LilyHaze, Roxas, and well... basically the rest of the damn forum are going to get it at midnight! Both systems, so expect furious debates between which one is better.

Triple FTW
Back to top Go down
django202

django202

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Nerd
Class:: Citizen

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Ixion wrote:

In order of good-ness:
Versus XIII
Agito
XIII

LOOK INTO YOUR HEART, YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE!
Back to top Go down
Crimsonshade

Crimsonshade

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Alexander the Pure
Class:: Mage

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:39 pm

I am getting it for the PS3 tonight. I'm VERY excited for this. Smile
Back to top Go down
Roxas

Roxas

Mirror of the Soul

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:08 pm

django202 wrote:
Ixion wrote:

In order of good-ness:
Versus XIII
Agito
XIII

LOOK INTO YOUR HEART, YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE!

I will agree that versus looks bitchin'
Can't say I know too much about agito
But XIII is going to be the best, no exception
Back to top Go down
neona

neona

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Sheena

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:21 pm

You know, I'm going to start a flamewar here, but have you guys heard how terrible it is?

Like, amazingly atrocious boring gameplay retarded not even a fiinl fantasy game anymore.

It looks pretty, but it's a terrible terrible game.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I like final fantasy games, but this really isn't one. It's more like a super pretty visual novel.

Please, don't waste your money on this one v.v
Back to top Go down
LilyHaze
Forum Planeswalker
LilyHaze

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Neria Highark
Class:: Mercenary

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:43 pm

neona wrote:
You know, I'm going to start a flamewar here, but have you guys heard how terrible it is?

Like, amazingly atrocious boring gameplay retarded not even a fiinl fantasy game anymore.

I like final fantasy games, but this really isn't one. It's more like a super pretty visual novel.

I'll reserve my judgement until I play the game for myself. I've never been one to let reviewers, especially those that target the game before its even hit the shelves, decide what I will and will not spend my money on.

Personally I've loved many games that were supposed to just be awful.
Back to top Go down
neona

neona

Mirror of the Soul

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:48 pm

LilyHaze wrote:
neona wrote:

I'll reserve my judgement until I play the game for myself. I've never been one to let reviewers, especially those that target the game before its even hit the shelves, decide what I will and will not spend my money on.

Personally I've loved many games that were supposed to just be awful.

Usually I agree, but the response from japanese gamers has just been overwhelmingly in agreement.

Also, have you seen pictures of the maps? They give a whole new meaning to linear.
Back to top Go down
Ixion
Overlord Supreme
Ixion

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: なかむらそた, Ronin

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:29 pm

neona wrote:
You know, I'm going to start a flamewar here

Quick clarification on my policy pertaining to flamewars, I'm not incriminating everyone, just taking an off topic moment to let you guys know.

Basically, I hate internet drama, which is why I wasn't on many other forums, and so my solution is simple. Warning wise, everybody gets one. Tell 'em Peter. After that, if shit keeps up, I'll go in, delete the posts, and ban all participating parties.

That being said, I'm glad this thread didn't go down the shitter just because one person is criticizing it. You may continue.
Back to top Go down
https://8bitgaming.forumotion.net
neona

neona

Mirror of the Soul

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:47 pm

Ixion wrote:
neona wrote:
You know, I'm going to start a flamewar here

Quick clarification on my policy pertaining to flamewars, I'm not incriminating everyone, just taking an off topic moment to let you guys know.

Basically, I hate internet drama, which is why I wasn't on many other forums, and so my solution is simple. Warning wise, everybody gets one. Tell 'em Peter. After that, if shit keeps up, I'll go in, delete the posts, and ban all participating parties.

That being said, I'm glad this thread didn't go down the shitter just because one person is criticizing it. You may continue.

I hate internet drama too, I just wanted to make sure people were well warned. It is their money, after all.
Back to top Go down
Bad Bones Beez

Bad Bones Beez

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Edward O'Harris
Class:: Soldier

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:31 am

Rena, I love ya to death but I'm with Lily on this one. I never let ANY review keep me from buying a game. I play them for myself.

Also, Roxas is plain right now and it's bitchin.
Back to top Go down
Roxas

Roxas

Mirror of the Soul

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:31 am

This game is awesome, graphics are the best I've ever seen in a game. Battle system isn't too bad. The story is interesting so far. So I give two thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
LilyHaze
Forum Planeswalker
LilyHaze

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Neria Highark
Class:: Mercenary

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:30 am

I'm only four hours in, but I'd like to give my early analysis.

The game is beautiful, but to be honest, that was expected. If the graphics hadn't been amazing, the team would have been doing something wrong. Graphics aren't a huge selling point for me, but they are for others, so I knew this game was going the look nice.

The battle mechanic is a little strange, and at first I disliked it. Over time it is starting to grow on me. It does give some flexibility that is present even when your party is only two people. It also forces players to think on their feet, which is nice.

The character development is something I missed in 12. In 12 they just threw your party together, explained bits and pieces of their motivation, and set them on their way. I never felt any connection to my characters, and in the end didn't care what happened to them. 13 immediatly does this differently. It makes your characters human (though amazingly strong ones), and gives them honest motivations. Not only that, but it gives you insight to parts of their lives before all the chaos starts. I enjoy this greatly.

The levels are quite linear, but that too was to be expected. Western RPGs are the ones who tend to be non-linear choice making games. Eastern RPGs have always been the story tellers. The upside to a story telling RPG is that it is more personal for the main characters, and the story is more vibrant. The downside is that the levels become far more linear. Am I bothered by this? No. Final Fantasy X had some of the most linear levels I've seen in a while, and it is still one of my most favorite RPGs of all time.
Back to top Go down
Roxas

Roxas

Mirror of the Soul

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:12 am

On Chapter 11 in final fantasy and I love this game, maybe it's just the shameless final fantasy fanboy in me but this game is awesome. The story is definitely unique set in a very beautiful world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII
Page 1 of 1