8-Bit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the Social Pariah

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Portal update EDIT: PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
django202

django202

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Nerd
Level:: 1
Class:: Citizen

Portal update EDIT: PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED Empty
PostSubject: Portal update EDIT: PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED   Portal update EDIT: PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 5:00 pm

UPDATE:

Have you noticed that Valve recently updated Portal? Considering that it's such a popular game, it's not unheard of, but for such a short game that was forgotten about almost a month after release, this must be something important. The update supposedly
Quote :
Changed radio transmission frequency to comply with federal and state spectrum management regulations.

Wait! If you look closely, there's a new achievement, "Transmission Received." Well, ok. Let's take a look at what's new. If you'll notice, the radio in the first level now has a green light on it. Ooh, mysterious! Anyway, there are approximately 26 "secret" radio broadcasts that you're supposed to pick up. The weird thing is that, when ripped and converted, the wav files illustrate image files. The number string was run through a hash translator and hark! A telephone number! The number was traced to a facility near Valve headquarters, but as it turns out, the line is used to host a BBS. Someone had the bright idea of teleneting it and found login info which yields a bunch of ASCII art. Huh.

Steamforum topics can be found:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyway, who's bold enough to try to get the achievement?

EDIT: Portal 2 was recently confirmed; I guess ASCII art of Gabe was supposed to be a hint?

Anyway, this shit looks crazy.
Back to top Go down
Soldaris

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Portal update EDIT: PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED   Portal update EDIT: PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:56 pm

I loved Portal. Pity it was so short though.
Back to top Go down
Ixion
Overlord Supreme
Ixion

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: なかむらそた, Ronin
Class:: Outlaw

PostSubject: Re: Portal update EDIT: PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED   Portal update EDIT: PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 3:07 pm

PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED I AM NOT SHOCKED HOWEVER I AM SPENT AND THIS NEWS IS SO EXCITING IT REQUIRES ALL CAPS AND NO PUNCTUATION
Back to top Go down
https://8bitgaming.forumotion.net
django202

django202

Mirror of the Soul

PostSubject: Re: Portal update EDIT: PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED   Portal update EDIT: PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Ixion wrote:
PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED I AM NOT SHOCKED HOWEVER I AM SPENT AND THIS NEWS IS SO EXCITING IT REQUIRES ALL CAPS AND NO PUNCTUATION

Speculation at this point is that the Orange Box, due to it containing Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2, and Portal, will be re-instated with the Orange Box 2.0 with HL2 Ep3, Portal 1, and Counter Strike 2.

Do I believe it? No. Do I hope that it happens? FUCK YEAR.
Back to top Go down
Ixion
Overlord Supreme
Ixion

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: なかむらそた, Ronin
Class:: Outlaw

PostSubject: Re: Portal update EDIT: PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED   Portal update EDIT: PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:03 pm

Oh, did they confirm CS2? Way to ruin a perfectly good thing valve.
Back to top Go down
https://8bitgaming.forumotion.net
django202

django202

Mirror of the Soul

PostSubject: Re: Portal update EDIT: PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED   Portal update EDIT: PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:04 pm

Ixion wrote:
Oh, did they confirm CS2? Way to ruin a perfectly good thing valve.

Not confirmed, but "in production."

It's possible, especially with all of the support for Source and games like HL2DM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portal update EDIT: PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED   Portal update EDIT: PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED Empty

Back to top Go down

Portal update EDIT: PORTAL 2 CONFIRMED
Page 1 of 1