8-Bit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the Social Pariah

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Borderlands and DLC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
django202

django202

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Nerd
Level:: 1
Class:: Citizen

Borderlands and DLC Empty
PostSubject: Borderlands and DLC   Borderlands and DLC EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:50 pm

Alright, so I mainly made this topic for the DLC add-ons and why I don't like most of them.

If you haven't already played it, Borderlands is a great game and I recommend it highly.

Once you've reached level 40, it's a good idea to look at Dr. Ned's Zombie Island. It's zombies, it's an add-on, and it's fun. Albeit a bit short and not as "fleshed out" as it could be, it's my favorite so far. I will say this, though: DON'T BOTHER IF YOU'RE UNDER LEVEL 40; YOU WILL GET YOUR ASS HANDED TO YOU.

The next DLC released was Mad Moxxi's Underdome. While a fundamentally decent idea (fight in a wave- and round-based tournament against enemy AI), it's inherently flawed. The enemies scale to your level, depriving you of any actual advantage you had (when the enemies level up, they get guns that are usually better than yours), and have complete omnipotence; they know exactly where you are at all times and won't stop firing at you until you're dead. "No problem, I'll just kill an enemy and get a second wind, right?" WRONG. The enemies, at least in my experiences with the Underdome, will shoot you from at least halfway across the map where you can't possibly hope to shoot back at them, or die immediately before you get a chance for a second wind, depriving you of this option. The worst part is that once you die, you're forced to start the round over again, but instead TWO ROUNDS behind: probably the most frustrating thing in the entire game is having a bead on the boss of round 5, wave 5 with your explosive combat rifle then being shot from across the map and dying on the spot. Bullshit.

Anyway, the newest DLC is the SECRET ARMY OF GENERAL KNOXX. While it adds much more variety than Dr. Ned and is more of an extension of the game, I find that the level requirement is ridiculous. Fighting in the Underdome nets you NO experience, so I've been sitting at about level 47 for the past month. Lo and behold, I encountered a level 51 enemy in T-Bone Junction (the expansion raises the level cap). While she was quickly disposed of, two more popped up and proceeded to kill the fuck out of me. Sure, I was underleveled, but the hit-and-run tactics are simply not fair. I'll be giving General Knoxx another chance once I hit 50, but until then, I'll work on my second playthrough.

In short, buy Borderlands and Zombie Island, maybe General Knoxx if you're up for the challenge. Fuck Moxxi.

Borderlands general thread GO!
Back to top Go down
Bad Bones Beez

Bad Bones Beez

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Edward O'Harris
Class:: Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands and DLC   Borderlands and DLC EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:47 am

Kay dude, check this. Lily got borderlands real soon after it came out and we co-oped through that shit like no other. If you're having trouble with leveling then just rock through the second playthrough for a while. It may kinda suck if you can't deal with general replay. I for one have an infinite tolerance for starting over. Anyway, that can help you hit that level cap and start layin down the smack.
Back to top Go down
LilyHaze
Forum Planeswalker
LilyHaze

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Neria Highark
Class:: Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands and DLC   Borderlands and DLC EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:08 am

Playing with a second person also greatly increases survivability. I don't know what I'd do without my backup, as we are commonly laying down fire to keep the other from dying.
Back to top Go down
django202

django202

Mirror of the Soul
Soul Name:: Nerd
Class:: Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands and DLC   Borderlands and DLC EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:26 pm

Alright, so I leveled a bit, and I'm about halfway with General Knoxx.

BLAWESOME!

Although the level curve is a little steep (it kinda makes you level a little bit), it's loads of fun. If you liked killing the Crimson Lance the first time around, you'll like it this time. There are new enemy varieties, like Shock Troopers and Pyros (they attack with and are resistant to their respective element), and tons of new equipment.

I'll post again once I've finished, but I recommend it highly thus far.

and if anyone at NIU wants to LAN, I'm up for it.

Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands and DLC   Borderlands and DLC Empty

Back to top Go down

Borderlands and DLC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
8-Bit Forums :: Active Entertainment :: PC Gaming-
Jump to: